Are you passionate about sustainable food systems? Are you experienced in planning and implementing processes, building prorotypes and helping to ramp up manufacturing? We’re looking for a Development Engineer to join our innovative team on a mission to change the food industry!
Nordic Umami Company Ltd. is a circular food technology startup developing and manufacturing umami innovations from plant-based agricultural and food industry by-products. Founded in 2021, our mission is to accelerate the shift towards a sustainable food industry and culture. We have a pilot plant in Kera (Espoo), that already delivers delicious umami products to Customers such as the UN, Fat Ramen and SOK. Now we're looking for a Development Engineer to help us scale our production to match the increasing demand.
As Development Engineer you are a vital part of the ramp up team, that ensures the future growth of our manufacturing process.
- Planning and implementing process development trials
- Planning and building prototypes
- Machine testing in our Espoo site and elsewhere in Finland and abroad
- Participation in acquisition process
- Overseeing construction, installation and start-up of machinery
- BSc or MSc degree in bioprocess, chemical or food engineering
- 3+ years experience in food or fermentation industry
- Understanding in factory planning
- Good team working and communication skills
- Engaging and purposeful work in circularity and sustainability
- Unique chance to join a start up at an exciting stage
- An inspiring and forward-leaning team
- Opportunity to grow together with us
Diversity matters to us. We want to assess you based on your achievements. Therefore we kindly ask you to leave out any personal details and information, including but not limited to pictures, age or nationality.
Send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title in your subject line by November 18th 2022. The position will be filled once a suitable candidate is found. This means that the selection of candidates may already start before the application deadline.
For more information on the job, please contact our CTO, Outi Mäkinen Tel. +358 400 470 450.